Friday, April 30, 2021

All my cars


“To all the cars I've owned before / Which I drove and drove some more
I'm glad they came along / I dedicate this song
To all the cars I've owned before

To all the cars I once enjoyed / That helped me stay employed 
They helped me get around, A lot of joy was found
In all the cars I've owned before

But the winds of change are always blowing
From time to time I drove them fast 
The winds of change continued blowing
And I tried so hard to make ‘em last”


Okay so here is a list of all the cars I’ve owned over the years!

1966 Pontiac Catalina. My first car. I loved that car. Sadly, I wrecked into a parked pickup truck totaling it.




1979 Pontiac Safari station wagon. Was acquired by my dad on my behalf after I stupidly destroyed my Catalina!


1990 Mercury Topaz. Brand new car. Drove it fresh off the lot. The thing served me well for a while. Eventually the AC stopped working and so did the windows. When I got a “new” car, Chris “borrowed” it and I never saw it again. What exactly ever happened to it I cannot say. In 1995 me John and Catherine took an epic road trip in it. We went to Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Louisiana. Went to Graceland, visited a couple battlefields, saw the home of the blues, etc. one of the greatest road trips I’ve ever had!


1995 Dodge Intrepid. This car is the one I was driving when I met Izzy. Had some great times in that car!! It eventually started running bad and I dropped a bundle on it at a dealership. It never got fixed. Finally sold it to a guy for $500.


2000 Ford Ranger. Went through a lot with this truck. It was my daily driver when I got married. It served! I once t-boned a Cadillac in this (it still ran). It was the other person’s fault but they had no insurance. Eventually passed it along to Carol who destroyed it.


2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. A great vehicle! Runs like a top. Problem is, on April 9, 2019 a drunk driver plowed into it while it was parked in front of my house. The person hit and run. Nothing came of it.

My next vehicle ?















No comments: