Friday, May 9, 2025

Conan The Barbarian











When I was a kid, Conan the Barbarian was my favorite comic of all. Something About that world captured my imagination like crazy. I really got into it. 

Here is what issue #1 looked like (note: I never owned it as it was way too expensive).











I jumped on the bandwagon somewhere around issue #90 or 91.











I also went nuts for his companion mag "Savage Sword of Conan", which I just called "Savage Sword". They looked like this...











They were in magazine form, black and white, and were more gory and violent. Also it showed boobies from time to time as well (tee hee). Which was a nice little bonus when you were a red-blooded 14 year old boy flushed with enough hormones to kill a man of 60. 

The stories were often adaptations of Robert E. Howard's stories. Very exciting stuff! Perfect for escaping from one's boring, and often tedious life full of school, chores, and teen angst.


No comments: