Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Favorite Artists




To me the ultimate top musical act of all time is Bruce Springsteen! I think he is the reason music was invented. No, really! I love his music. There are only a tiny fraction of his songs I don't like ("Reno", and uh... guess that's it). So I thought for fun I'd list all those musical acts and artist of which I am enamored. Funny how they all have some kind of Bruce connection somehow or someway. Anyway, here is the list... 

The TOP 5:
01. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 
02. Robert Pollard / Guided By Voices 
03. Bob Dylan 
04. Johnny Cash 
05. Tom Waits 

The Rest: 
06. Neil Young 
07. Bill Mallonee / Vigilantes Of Love 
08. ZZ Top 
09. The Beatles 
10. Elvis Presley (The King!)
11. John Fogerty / Creedence 
12. Robyn Hitchcock 
13. Journey 
14. Beck 
15. U2
16. John Mellencamp 
17. Colin Hay / Men At Work 
18. Warren Zevon 
19. Richard Thompson 
20. Elvis Costello

The rest of the rest
21. Steve Earle 
22. Blackfoot / Rick Medlocke 
23. Van Morrison 
24. Boston 
25. Queen 
26. Rush 
27. Lynyrd Skynyrd 
28. April Wine 
29. The Hold Steady 
30. Mark Germino 
31. David Baerwald

After this is a whole cadre of other great acts! In no particular order!! Billy Joel, Oasis, the Verve, Molly Hatchet,  Little Feat, Moxy, Coldplay, Foo Fighters,  and many more... I recommend them all!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with most of your list. I would like to add Slim Whitman and Taylor Swift. LOL