[Dad wrote the following in an email to me]
Along with a nice birthday card, Betty sent me a couple of photos. In the first photo...I figure I'm about eleven or twelve years old. Grandaddy Smith gave me my first .22 cal. rifle for Christmas. As you can see I was delighted. Just what I wanted. (Mike saw the photo and said, "I sure can see the a resemblance of you and Randy). The photo was taken with my brand new Sears Tower camera which I also got for Christmas that year. I'm standing at the front porch. Somewhere around there are some more photos that I took of the family that same Christmas. Betty might have them put away somewhere.

Me and that rifle spent a lot of time down on the Bosque River and on top of Bee Rock.
Obviously, a photo of me, Betty and Billy, dressed up for church (1952). You can tell our mother took the photo. She always had lots of empty space at the top and usually cut off the feet. he he
Just thought you'd enjoy seeing these. Love, Dad
THE END

No comments:
Post a Comment