Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween Memory #453: Mr. Faut? Fauk?

I was maybe 19 or 20. I was in the mood to roam up and down the block on Halloween night for old time's sake. I sort of dressed like Freddy Kruger, more or less. Actually less. I wasn't scary. Anyway I was walking up and down the block saying "Boo!" to the kids that were trick or treating. It was fun! They would squeal and some would chase me. I think Troy was in on all this.

Somehow I wound up inside Mr. Faut's (Mr. Wine-Pants) house up the street (next door to the Forresters). With Bud Sr., Troy and maybe Darin. The only thing I remember is his house was EXACTLY like Bud's house inside. This had me baffled. The Forrester's house was just like ours. Then, it dawned on me. The designers of the neighborhood, way back when, had simply repeated the floorplans on up the street for a ways. (The Ferguson place is the same as the Sessions house, etc.)

Oh, and also inside Mr. Faut's house... LOTS and LOTS of BOOZE. Looked like a liquer store. In fact, Bud was borrowing some. That's why he was there. Maybe that floorplan was reserved for alcoholics or something... makes you think.

I was there for a few moments before I resumed my block patrolling activities!

No comments: