Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween Memory #432: Pop Nearly Pops Lott For Popping In

We were in the house Halloween night. Watching a scary movie or something. Handing out candy, etc. When there came a knock at the door. Dad went to open the door and Bud Lott, in a mask and cape, burst in at Dad going "Rahhh!!" Dad was so startled he just about soiled himself -- but Bud nearly got a beat down.

Bud was playing a prank, but he didn't realize he had triggered my Dad's formidable inner fight-or-flight mechanism. Bud pealed off his mask in the nick of time and guffawed like a lunatic. Dad, who still no doubt wanted to deck him for good measure, laughingly ushered him out the door right quick. Dad could probably tell it better than I, but that is the gist of the incident.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Mike. I read all of your Haloween stories. Very funny and entertaining. You had more fun on Haloween than I ever did.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I mispelled Halloween. I've done that all my life.

Unknown said...

I didn't have anywhere to flee. It happened inside my house. Bud was a nut on halloween night. He loved to scare the little innocent children who dropped by for candy. He was mainly all about tricks! I miss him a lot. Dad

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered why nobody dresses up like the giant leech as seen in the 50's classic movie. Heck, if they could dress a guy up in that movie in a leech costume that cost about $25 tops to make, why can't the common folks?