Monday, August 18, 2025

My Brief Auto-biography

(above photo taken 8/17/2025)

My name is Michael Vance Walk. I'm 58 years old. I have spent the last 26 years proving that patience is not only a virtue but a survival skill (I am a teacher). I am a devout Christian (thanks Dad) and I place a strong emphasis on being a positive male role model. I might occasionally sneak in a Shakespeare quote or a classic rock lyric to drive the point home.

A people person to the core, I am an expert listener and conversationalist, equally at home chatting about life, faith, or why Halloween is clearly the best holiday (yes, Christmas is a close second). My creative drive shows up in many forms: writing, drawing, cartooning, painting, making music, and probably creating something new as we speak. I have a great wife (Izzy), who's been with me for 20 years, and I have a terrific son (Blaine) who is 13. I am highly involved in his baseball career. He's really a great ball player.


When I'm not outdoors biking (let's hear it for Fox Park!), hiking, or camping under a hot blue sky, you can find me writing a new song, lost in a book, sketching out an idea, or watching baseball (or Mystery Science Theatre 3000 when it isn't baseball season). Once known for having a temper (thanks Dad), I gave that up and now prefer patience. Wisdom has become my trademark instead. I'm tough, masculine, responsible, and unapologetically normal. I am also a firm believer that life should be lived with humor (thanks Dad), creativity (thanks Mom). And maybe just a little bit of creepiness. I am an unashamed political Conservative. People I admire: Donald Trump, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Elvis, The Beatles, The Coen Brothers, Bob Dylan, among MANY others.


Special Note: Springsteen is my favorite musical artist of all time, bar-none. Unfortunately, he is a big-time liberal Democrat. He hates Republicans (I'm a Republican), and ONLY supports liberal Democrats (which I "hate"). Needless to say, this makes for a rather tedious situation. It's painful. It hurts. I love and admire Trump and Springsteen. But they are polar opposites. Anyway, it sucks.


My blog address: thedarkalley-mike.blogspot.com

No comments: