Monday, September 27, 2010

My Most Influential Books - Vol. 1 (The Bible)

 

Introducing a series I'm calling "My Most Influential Books!" The following books are those that made a huge impact on my life. Please note, aside from the Bible, which really IS #1, these are not necessarily in order of importance. Okay so let's get started!



The single most important book in my life of course is a collection of books and letters called "The Bible". I believe it to be the inspire and revealed word of God. I'm thankful EVERY day for God giving it to us, and for my Dad (and Mom) bringing me up to love and respect it. Thanks be to God for his word. 

To me, the best version is the simplified KJV Bible. I love the KJV but I'm not crazy about the old fashioned language. The actual translation is great. But the archaic language is annoying and distracting. Thankfully there are several good translations. This one being my favorite.

No comments: