Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Most Influential Books - Vol. 19



This book literally shut down my JFK conspiracy beliefs. I had amassed a rather large collection of JFK conspiracy books over the years (from the late 80's through the mid 90's) and was a believer. Then I got the above book and the guy nuked all of them. I found out that the JFK conspiracy authors were exploiting the president's death for a living. JFK's death is big business! Anyway, Posner goes down the line showing how the conspiracy nuts only tell you some of the facts, make up "facts", or ignore other facts... in short... it's all B.S. Oswald did it. Now was there a group of people pulling his strings? Who knows. Was something fishy happening in Dallas that day? Perhaps. Was it one of these wacky conspiracies? No.

No comments: