Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Django


This movie is very good. Here is my brief review...

Pros: Excellent plot, good directing, good acting, nice camera work, good costuming, pretty good music.

Cons: A bit far-fetched, seems a bit one dimensional at times.

Conclusion: This movie is a must-see. For any fan of the genre, Django is required viewing. It is quite violent and quite unbelievable, but nevertheless it is a fun and action-packed Italian Western. Of course it is nowhere near the quality of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, but hey... what is?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo is a little over the top also. We didn't lose that many men in Operation Overlord. General George Patton might have said..."Spaghetti Westerns often stink, but my God, I love them so!" Hollywood claims they don't want to produce a movie similar to a Spaghetti Western...I've got news for them...they couldn't even if they wanted to.

Anonymous said...

Now that I've seen the movie - I must say it was very violent, but interesting. I hesitate to use the word, entertaining, but the movie is one of the better Spaghetti westerns. Good cinematography and Franko Nero does a good job playing the part of Django.