Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Springsteen's politics

I am so sad that Bruce Springsteen, my main man, my musical guru, is a political liberal. I have, in the past few years, wasted a lot of brain cells on the subject of why that is. My guess is he is a decent-hearted guy who is filled with a certain amount of guilt over the fact that he went from a lower middle class up-bringing to be worth an estimated $200+ million. He wants to be percieved as "caring" and "a man of the people" even though he is a musical legend, is VERY wealthy, and never had a 9 to 5 job for any significant period in his life. In fact he has pretty much always followed his dream and never had to endure countless years sweating rent as a barely-making-it wage slave. I think he still can identify with these kinds of people by channeling his father and and mother as well as other members of his family. But he himself has almost always been successful (yes he paid his dues back in the early 70's for a brief time).

Another factor is that I think he is not that well informed on the issues and whatever information he does get comes from ONE source and that is a left-leaning liberal source. The fact that he once name-checked George Soros makes me want to upchuck. Soros is a soulless radical leftist. Get away from him Boss. He is really really bad. basically Bruce is neither a republican or a democrat. He is an Ignocrat. Someone who has their opinions based on faulty info and cannot be convinced by new information. These people form their OWN opinions and are not moved by the opinions of others, UNLESS it jives with their own previously held views.

NEVERTHELESS, I do NOT listen to Bruce for political reasons. Actually the contrary is true. I like him in SPITE of our differing political views. I am a center-right conservative. He is a left of center liberal. I feel that I am open minded enough to enjoy an artist who does not share my own particular political views. Unless they are destructive views. Bruce is definitely a very thoughtful and well-meaning person. He LOVES his country, has an affinity for the working class, and appreciates the humble roots he sprang from.

Make no mistake -- Bruce is a very patriotic American man!

To be continued...

No comments: